About Bright Child Learning Center
… is to inspire generations of children to become happy and empowered global citizens who nurture and respect themselves, society and the environment, creating a safer and more-fulfilled world. We truly believe in this vision and work passionately to achieve it each day with each child.
Bright Child serves as a trusted partner for families by offering exceptional educational experiences for children ages 6 weeks to 6 years. We foster independence, diversity, and respect by creating a safe, nurturing and visually pleasing learning environment, focused on engaging & imaginative child-led activities.
… is to deliver a unique and exceptional learning experience by offering a dynamic combination of:
- Child-led, hands-on, independent & interactive activities
- Environmentally sustainable and aesthetically pleasing facilities
- Teaching curriculum guided for both academic AND emotional/ social development
- Philosophy fostering respect for: self, friends, family and nature
What Makes Us Different Than Other Childcare Options?
Bright Child Learning Center creates a child-centered learning environment carefully designed to suit the ages of our students.
- We were the area’s first infant Montessori program and serve children ages 6 weeks to 6 years in a beautifully updated, natural, and developmentally appropriate environment.
- Our center has no swings, high chairs or other contraptions that restrict a child’s movement in order to encourage independence and physical development from the earliest ages by allowing children to be mobile and explore in a safe and developmentally appropriate classroom.
- We incorporate sign language and Spanish into the curriculum for all of our age groups to give your child tools for communication, language development and future language acquisition.
- BCLC values cultural diversity and variety in the experiences we offer our students with art, history and music.
- Our center provides snacks twice daily that are organic and local as much as possible. We try to introduce simply prepared fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins that allow our students to taste a range of healthy food options each week.
- We foster an attitude of respect —for themselves, their friends and their environment.
- Children work at their own pace and begin developing a lifelong love of learning!
Meet our Director
Lisa Knudson has 20+ years of experience in early childhood education.
Lisa Knudson joined Bright Child Learning Center in 2019 and was promoted from Assistant Director to Director in 2022. Lisa has been a wonderful addition to our team. She has more than 20 years of hands-on early childhood teaching experience, plus strong administrative experience.
Lisa is excited to help Bright Child continue our commitment focusing on our child-centered environment, where children’s abilities and interests are nurtured. Her top priority is to lead a strong, committed teaching team who share in the belief that every child should be respected, listened to, and feel free to express themselves.